Saturday, August 13, 2011

Colors, experimenting

I continued experimenting with coloring fabrics for my future projects. For my embroidery projects I usually take white or beige canvas. Just to show you the difference. White is above.
To color it this time I used tea and coffee. Wanted to see if there is any difference. There is a very slight difference but in each case it gives an absolutely new shade. So... I used white as a background to highlight the contrast. Beige is over it. In this case I colored beige with
1. coffee, 2. tea
This is white canvas colored.
1. coffee, 2. tea
And altogether.
1. beige canvas colored with coffee
2. beige (tea)
3. white (coffee)
4. white (tea)
I can tell that it is possible to use both of them depending on the project, BUT... I liked the tea shade on beige much better. It is softer and not as yellowish as a coffee shade. Maybe next time I need to try coffee with milk :) So that is the variant I chose for my new piece. Which one? You will see soon. Have a good coffee! Or tea :)


No comments:

Post a Comment