Monday, April 4, 2011

Repurposing... Again

I keep talking about reusing and repurposing. Nowadays, when people start thinking more about being 'ecologically friendly', creating less wastes is important. Besides I am a true fan of giving a new beginning to something that might have ended up in a trash can. Even if you have just a little of imagination, those ideas are not hard to find if you just give it a thought. Or two ))

Look at these cute little things. I had some wine bottles wrapped up in canvas bags. Texture, that is what I liked best about it. I never throw away buttons, fabric decorations and little pieces of ribbons you may find attached to the shoulders of new clothing you buy, which people usually just cut off. In cases like that it is a good finish touch.

It is good that in many countries it is easy to bring plastic bottles to recycling collectors. In our country it is not that common, yet hopefully. So I try to reuse them. And they make really nice gift boxes. I wrapped one of them in a plastic net that used to be a part of a bouquet.
This net is a part of a pack of some sport equipment. Covered with silver acrylic paint it makes a nice gift card decoration.
You have already met this cutie in the center. And now you know it is made of a sock, not an old one though ))) Those on the right are to be repurposed yet.
My latest creation. It is repurposed as well. But this little thing deserves a longer story . So until the next time.
Have yourself at least one repurposing day and maybe some things in the world will change to better.

1 comment:

  1. Hi - is it possible to tell me where you got the rose iris folding template from? I cannot seem to find it anywhere. Or could you send it to me if I give you my email address?

    ReplyDelete